What Personal Information About Customers Does GraingerMcKoy.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at GraingerMcKoy.com. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as processing your order, responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses GraingerMcKoy.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at GraingerMcKoy.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, simply click on "unsubscribe" on the bottom of any email we send out.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of GraingerMcKoy.com's shopping features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does GraingerMcKoy.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We don't share customer information except as described below:
- Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of GraingerMcKoy.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements (detailed below); or protect the rights, property, or safety of GraingerMcKoy.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you type on our site.
- We reveal no information about your credit card number when confirming an order back to you. Of course, like any retailer, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
GraingerMcKoy.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use GraingerMcKoy.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit GraingerMcKoy.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of South Carolina. If you have any concern about privacy at GraingerMcKoy.com, please contact us, and we will try to resolve it.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you buy, participate in a questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; or complete a questionnaire. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and phone number; and content of e-mails to us.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed; and phone number used to call our 800 number.
Last Updated: August 31, 2017